Patients go to the dentist's office for more than just cleanings and root canals. Many patients are scheduling consultations to see how they can change their smiles for the better. A study conducted by Kelton Global for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that a nice smile is very powerful. In fact, it is one of the best ways to make a good first impression. See a cosmetic dentist at Mt. Lookout Dentistry in Cincinnati, OH, to learn about the wide array of treatments that can work magic on your smile. You can finally get the white, straight, lovely set of teeth that you’ve always imagined you could have.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Some patients have anxieties that keep them from going to see the dentist, but it can be very beneficial to at least schedule a cosmetic consultation. Modern dental treatments are giving patients near-perfect yet very natural-looking smiles. The personal benefits of cosmetic dentistry include more self-confidence, better dental hygiene, and more comfort when navigating the intricacies of your social and professional life.
Solutions from Your Cosmetic Dentist
According to research from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the top three cosmetic dentistry procedures are tooth bleaching (Zoom! Whitening is available at Mt. Lookout Dentistry in Cincinnati), dental bonding, and veneers. Other treatments available that may be right for you include:
- Dentures or bridgework for replacing lost teeth.
- Contouring and reshaping.
- Dental implants (which can also be attached to specialty dentures).
- Orthodontics (metal or aligning braces).
Getting Your Smile Back
It's never too late to restore beauty and function to your smile thanks to the many modern cosmetic solutions that are now available to patients. If you’ve lived with embarrassing dental imperfections for many years, you know how stressful it can be to keep up appearances. Maybe it is time for you to explore how one or more cosmetic treatments can spruce up your smile in a matter of months, weeks, or even hours.
Your Best Smile Yet
If you're ready to turn your smile around, talk to a cosmetic dentist at Mt. Lookout Dentistry in Cincinnati, OH. Call 513-871-2852 today to schedule a consultation.
Need advice from your Cincinnati, OH, dentist?
Dental hygiene is essential for your oral health. Dr. David Croop, Dr. Ben Gosnell, Dr. Brenda Bertsch, and Dr. Bob Bertsch at MT. Lookout Dentistry can tell you tips on how to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent serious dental issues.
If you want to prevent the issues mentioned above, here are some tips your Cincinnati dentists advise you do to maintain dental care:
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums over time
- Receiving fluoride treatment and using fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash, or drinking fluoride-containing water, to prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay and help repair teeth
- Flossing at least once before bed will remove food debris
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
There are several restorative procedures that are available to help your smile:
- Root canal therapy: A dental restoration needed when someone has an infected or inflamed tooth that needs to be cleaned, disinfected, and sealed
- Crowns: These are dental caps that fit over weak or unsightly teeth to improve your smile and reinforce teeth that are weakened.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.
- Dental implants: Another restorative procedure that replaces your tooth root with a titanium post when you've suffered from tooth loss.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface of teeth to hide unappealing issues like crack, dents, and yellowed teeth.
Severe dental issues may result if you don't maintain a healthy dental remedy. If you have any questions, or concerns, about good oral hygiene habits and taking care of your dental restorations, just call the dentists in their Cincinnati, OH, office today!
If the gaps in your smile leave you feeling embarrassed or as though your teeth drag down the rest of your appearance, you can benefit from looking into tooth replacement options available at your dentist’s practice. There is only one tooth replacement option that can replace your missing teeth for life, permanently replacing both the tooth itself and the root to bring new life to your smile and leave you feeling as good as you look. Find out more about dental implants and how they can benefit your teeth with Dr. David Croop, Dr. Ben Gosnell, Dr. Brenda Bertsch, and Dr. Bob Bertsch at Mt. Lookout Dentistry in Cincinnati, OH.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
No matter where it is in your body, bone can deteriorate from lack of stimulation. Teeth stimulate the bone, meaning missing teeth can cause bone atrophy. Since your dentist implants the dental implant’s fixture into the bone itself, they will check your bone density in the area of the implant prior to placing any implants. Dental implants require that a patient has an adequate amount of bone left in the area to provide a strong foundation for their implant. Additionally, dental implants last a lifetime, but improper care can cause them to fail. This means a strong at-home oral care routine is crucial to maintaining the health of your implants.
Dental Implants vs. Other Tooth Replacement Options
Your dentist will implant a fixture, a small, post-like titanium piece, into the jawbone beneath your missing tooth. Over time, the bone grows around the fixture to hold it in place permanently. Thanks to their design and application, dental implants, unlike dentures or bridges, are designed to remain in the mouth for a lifetime. Additionally, implants do not require any form of extra daily care like soaking or special flossers. Simply care for the implants as you would your own teeth with twice-daily brushing for at least two minutes, flossing once a day, and seeing your dentist for routine examinations and cleanings twice a year.
The Benefits of Dental Implants in Cincinnati, OH
Dental implants can benefit you in more ways than one. Filling in the gaps in your smile can increase confidence and self-esteem, making face-to-face encounters easier and more enjoyable. Dental implants are made to last many years to come and are the most similar tooth replacement option to your natural teeth.
Your journey to a new, full smile begins with a simple phone call. For more information on dental implants in the Cincinnati, OH, area, please contact Dr. David Croop, Dr. Ben Gosnell, Dr. Brenda Bertsch, and Dr. Bob Bertsch at Mt. Lookout Dentistry. Call (513) 871-2852 to schedule your appointment with your dentist today!
Making a few small changes to your teeth can completely transform your smile. The cosmetic dentists at Mt. Lookout Dentistry in Cincinnati, OH, discuss the benefits of cosmetic contouring and explain how it can correct minor cosmetic issues.
What is cosmetic contouring?
During cosmetic contouring, a sanding drill or laser is used to remove small sections of tooth enamel. Because only tiny amounts of enamel are removed, you won't need any anesthesia for this painless treatment. Cosmetic contouring is a good choice if you have minor imperfections in your teeth or are unhappy with the length or shape of one of your teeth.
Cosmetic contouring is often paired with reshaping, a process that adds small amounts of bonding material to the teeth to enhance their appearance. Before your cosmetic contouring appointment, you'll visit our Cincinnati office for an exam with our cosmetic dentists to ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy. If any problems are spotted, they must be treated before you can schedule a contouring appointment.
Can cosmetic contouring help me?
Cosmetic contouring offers an effective way to address these issues:
- Chips: Wear and tear, grinding your teeth at night, or biting into a hard food or object can cause tiny chips at the bottom of teeth. Because chips most often affect your front teeth, they're highly visible. Fortunately, cosmetic contouring can eliminate these imperfections.
- Uneven Surfaces: Improving your smile can be as simple as smoothing bumps and pits that make the surface of your teeth look uneven.
- Overlapping Teeth: Cosmetic contouring is also used to remove overlapping edges of teeth.
- Crooked Teeth: Removing small amounts of enamel on the sides of your teeth can help them appear straighter.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: Contouring can correct the appearance of teeth that are unusually shaped or pointed and help your smile look more uniform.
- Long Teeth: Eliminating a little tooth enamel shortens a tooth that's just a little too long.
- Bite Problems: Your teeth may shift slightly as you age. Unfortunately, the change in position may affect your bite, which is the way your teeth fit together. Cosmetic contouring can correct minor bite problems, although you may need orthodontic treatment for more serious bite issues.
Enhance your smile with cosmetic contouring! Call your cosmetic dentists at Mt. Lookout Dentistry in Cincinnati, OH, at (513) 871-2852 to schedule your appointment.
The appearance of your smile has changed. Your tooth color is dark in spots, and you suspect your coffee habit is partly to blame. You've tried whitening toothpastes, but they don't help. Maybe it's time for a cosmetic dentistry consultation at Mount Lookout Dentistry in Cincinnati. Your dentists, Dr. David Croop, Dr. Ben Gosnell, Dr. Brenda Bertsch and Dr. Bob Bertsch use Zoom! Whitening to enhance smile appearance and boost their patients' self-confidence. This quick and effective system may work for you, too.
Tooth enamel changes color
How can something so hard absorb staining organic matter? Tooth enamel stains because it's composed of a network of calcified fibers--much like a fabric such as canvas. As such, it catches and holds whatever a person consumes:
- Cigarette smoke
- Smokeless tobacco
- Dark drinks such as coffee, tea, sports drinks, colas and wine
- Dark foods such as soy sauce, curry, blackberries and blueberries
- Acidic foods such as tomatoes and citrus fruits which soften enamel
Over time, teeth simply darken and dull. In addition, some medications cause discoloration.
The details on Zoom! Whitening in Cincinnati
Come to Mount Lookout Dentistry in Cincinnati, and ask if you're a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Safe, effective, affordable and easy to do, teeth whitening bleaches those stubborn stains, rendering smiles that are brighter by eight shades or even more!
Your dentist will ensure your teeth and gums are healthy before beginning the whitening process. This means you should be free of decay, extensive restorations and gum disease. If all is well, the entire whitening treatment happens right in the dental chair.
To protect your gums and other oral tissues from the whitening gel, your dentist will place a plastic dam in your mouth. The American Dental Association (ADA) says that the active ingredient in all whitening systems--hydrogen peroxide--can irritate the gums. That's why professional treatment is so important to whitening safety and success.
Then, your doctor will swab the Zoom! whitening gel on your teeth and activate the peroxide with a special light. This process is repeated twice for a total of three applications in a one-hour visit. After the final rinsing, you'll see a smile that's dramatically brighter and whiter.
Keeping a white smile
Please brush twice a day and floss daily according to ADA guidelines. Also, come to Mount Outlook Dentistry twice a year for your oral examinations and hygienic cleanings to keep ahead of plaque and tartar which cause decay, gum disease, and yes, dental stains.
Also, refrain from tobacco usage. (see your physician about a smoking cessation program) Limit your favorite dark beverages and foods, and drink plenty of water daily to wash tooth surfaces and stimulate beneficial saliva.
Say goodbye to stains
And say hello to a great, youthful smile. Contact Mount Outlook Dentistry in Cincinnati for a consultation on Zoom! Whitening. You'll be thrilled with the results. Call (513) 871-2852.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.